When arriving to class I was excited and was actually anticipating about this lecture. To begin the speaker was very nice and knew all of her information and her findings. First she explained the different writings and other forms. In addition, described Howard's rich legacy and the founders of Howard. This was one of my favorite lectures of all time. Dr. Benjamin went into detail about Howard University and the historical facts. I was very unaware that Howard University was started by republicans which freed slaves attended. Dr. Benjamin then described the most successful people; General Oliver Otis Howard, Mordecai Wyatt Johnson, Isabel Burns Lindsay, Alain Leroy Locke, Lulu Vere Childers , Frederick Douglass, Ira Aldridge, Louis C. Cramton, Harriet Tubman, Sojourner Truth, Prudence Crandall, Phyllis Wheatley, Lucy Diggs Slowe, George Washington Carver, Mary McLeod Bethune, Charles R. Drew, and Earnest Everett Just. These few names mentioned made Howard University what it is today. With this information I discovered every dorms history, including my own residence. As a student many wonder what why buildings are named or even the order. The “scribes” was also a rich legacy Dr. Benjamin explained which means .A scribe is someone who writes documents or keeps records by hand. Class was amazing and I greatly appreciated every message Dr. Benjamin explained and the rich detail.
No comments:
Post a Comment